Pagina 1 van de 2 12 LaatsteLaatste
Resultaten 1 tot 10 van de 14

Onderwerp: ScorpioGT

Ingeschreven
    26/09/2014

ScorpioGT

Stel je voor
    Hi 924 forum!

My name is Daniele and i've bought a 924 around 3 months ago. I live in amsterdam.
    Unfortunately i don't speak dutch but i hope it's not a super big problem
    My idea is to tune up my 924 and race with it.
    It's a 1982 model, and papers say that it comes from the US.

Here's a couple of pics:
    924eee.jpg
    924.jpg

Ingeschreven
    06/01/2011
    Welkom op ons gezellige forum!

Ingeschreven
    23/02/2010
    Welcome!

It seems that it is indeed a US model car, as that rearbumper wasn't used on the European models. You might want to look into the engine differences between US amd European models, as the US models had less horsepower (90-110) compared to the European (125). Might be interesting for you to swap some things if you intent to race with it.
    Laatst gewijzigd door Jayke; 26/09/2014 om 12:58.

Ingeschreven
    22/08/2010

Re: ScorpioGT

Welcome!

Awesome that you bought a 924 and what a beautiful color!
    I think the language barrier won't be problem! (google translate is your friend )

Have fun with your car I’d say, it looks like it's in a pretty good condition. You plan to race with it? What are your modifying plans if I may ask?

Ingeschreven
    26/09/2014

Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome.
    If i remember correctly, papers says that its 125 hp, but i'm not sure, need to double check.
    The color is nice but a bit flashy, and was sprayed right on top of the original Porsche red, which i intend to restore at some point.
    And yes, it's in pretty good shape, except some steering/suspension parts that i'm going to fix in the next weeks, and the classical shaky idle issue. Apart from that, it starts immediately and runs perfect. Compression looks also pretty good when i donwshift.

I do intend to swap things on that car. My idea is a long project "Speedhunters" style and i will proceed in the following macro-order:

1-restore stock functionality and swap broken or going to be broken parts with already upgraded parts where possible. for example, i'm changing the engine supports, and i've bought vibratechnics race spec ones, and i need to change the strut mounts as they are gone, so i will go for camber plates straight away (Ground Control probably)
    2-Strip the car, and repaint/refresh the interiors, and go for the maximum weight reduction possible, swapping also windows and panels with lighter stuff, widening the body, and at that point i thing a 5 lugs conversion is a must, plus fit new wheels to match the body width, and of course new brakes will come with the conversion.
    3-go for powerflex bushings and adjustable dampers and more aggressive brake pads
    4-start tuning the engine (turbocharging the original is the goal)

If you have any tips, or suggestions on good mechanics or places to find good parts, that would be super good.
    i also saw there's a meeting on the 12th of october, i might want to come.

Ingeschreven
    18/05/2008

Welcome to this informative forum. Nice car
    1607748215496f358fd2b9e.jpg

Mvg, Harry 924 1983

You know the Germans always make good stuff
    7 letters in P O R S C H E, 7 days in a week.. Coincident? I think not !

Ingeschreven
    22/08/2010

Wow that's a elaborate plan you have there

I'm going to follow your project, I'm really curious to see how you get all of these things done

But maybe a dumb question but isn't the 944 a better starting point for all of your plans? (although 924 of course is superior to the 944 )
    If you plan on widening the body anyway. It already has a bigger engine and more power

You might want to check out this forum to (http://www.924board.org/) it is English first of all which is nice
    And there is a lot of tuning going on there..

Good luck with your build. And any questions are welcome of course!

And of course you are more the welcome to attend our meeting (I have no idea if this translates to English proper but: The more souls, the more joy!)

Ingeschreven
    17/02/2008

Welkom Hier en uiteraard Veel 924 Plezier
    924 Voor Mijn Plezier en Genoeg Gebruikte onderdelen.

Ingeschreven
    02/01/2008

Welkom in het 924 walhalla

porsche 924 martini 1977
    porsche 924 50 Jahre edition 1982
    BMW X3 3.0 high exclusieve

Ingeschreven
    24/03/2010

Daniele, welcome here!

Forum Rechten